Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Vision

Well I have to admit I have not done much on the wedding front recently. I have been pre-occupied with things like work and 3 day weekends BUT I am attempting to get back on track! This weekend we are going to be a part of my dear friend Brittany's wedding and I plan to take notes.
I have been talking to many people lately about their own wedding or wedding experiences they have been a part of and I have heard all kind of things! It got me thinking about what exactly I want out of my wedding and, even more, what I want people to remember about it. The answer I came up with is that I don't want a wedding day, I want a weekend. Yes, I know I am an only child and want it all...but hear me out!I don't want the day to be all about me, I want it to be a celebration of us and our wonderful friends and family. I have quickly realized that A LOT of money and energy go into creating a wedding and I want to make sure everyones hardwork and contributions are worth it!! So here's my vision: A stress-free getaway for every special person in our lives to come together, celebrate, love, and enjoy each other! It will not simply be a wedding but a great opportunity to have everyone together for a momentous occasion!

Location update: I think we found a winner but we have a few more places to look at. I want to pick an official date by the end of June.

Happy Wednesday,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment